This event is unique from our other professional development sessions because not only will workshops be provided for all dance educators from public and private sectors, but workshops will be offered for your students as well. The day also includes the opportunity for dance educators and their students to attend a performance by Ballet Hispanico for a small fee of $8 per ticket.
Throughout the morning, as you are engaged in professional development workshops, your students will simultaneously participate in dance workshops tailored to high school level. The following is an outline of the day's events:
- 9:00am-9:30am Registration
- "In the Company": Movement Class for all Dance Educators
- Student Workshop 1: Ballet Hispanico Master Class or Nimbus Dance Works Master Class
- "In the Company": Breakout Sessions for all Dance Educators. In small groups, teachers will develop ideas on how to translate the "In the Company" session into their classrooms. The session will conclude with a sharing of ideas.
- Wisdom from the Field with Kristine Smith for Dance Studio Owners
- Student Workshop 2: Ballet Hispanico Master Class or Nimbus Dance Works Master Class
- 11:40am-12:15pm Lunch (bring bagged lunch ) and Networking
- 12:30pm-1:30pm Ballet Hispanico Performance
- 1:30pm-2:30pm Ballet Hispanico Talk Back for DanceNJ members
Approximately 2:30 Back to buses
Teacher and HS Student Workshops: Registration for all workshops will begin in February and is on a first come, first serve basis. Due to space limitations, schools are only permitted to bring 30 students per school for the workshop. You may attend the workshops and the performance, only the workshops or only the performance. Bringing students is also optional. Save the date!
Performance: You and your students (any age) may attend the Ballet Hispanico performance. You do not need to participate in the DanceNJ workshops to attend the performance.
Ballet Hispanico Performance Information:
All ticket questions and needs for Ballet Hispanico will be handled directly through NJPAC. If you are interested in buying tickets for the performance, please contact schooltime@NJPAC.org. Notify them that you are part of the Dance New Jersey Professional Development Day at NJPAC. If you are only attending the performance, please be sure to still complete the registration form so that we are aware of your attendance. The Talk Back after the performance is only for those that are attending through DanceNJ.
To register click HERE