PROGRAMS + SERVICES
National Honor Society for Dance Arts
Founded in 2005, the National Honor Society for Dance Arts is one of the most exciting benefits that NDEO offers Institutional Members. All NDEO Institutional Members, whether a private or public middle or high school, dance studio/academy, performing arts center or community center, are eligible to establish a chapter of the NHSDA for the benefit of their students.
Establishing a National Honor Society for Dance Arts in your school is one very important way that you can help advance the field of dance education. Celebrating the artistic and academic achievements of exceptional dance students helps to create honor and prestige within our field and improve our image to those outside the field.
The following New Jersey schools and organizations have NHSDA chapters:
All That Dance Studio, Bridgeton
Allegro Arts Academy, Carlstadt
Arts High School, Newark
Bayonne High School, Berkeley Heights
Bergen County Academies, Hackensack
Burlington County Institute of Technology Performing Arts, Medford
Cedar Creek High School, Egg Harbor City
Clifton High School, Clifton
Columbia High School, Maplewood
County Prep High School, Jersey City
Cranford High School, Cranford
Dancation Studio of Dance & Theatre, Old Bridge
Dance Innovations, Chatham
Dance Theatre of New Jersey, Mahwah
DanceWorks Studios, Montclair
Gloucester County Institute of Technology, Sewell
HealthQuest Dance Academy, Flemington
Henry Snyder High School Academy of the Arts, Jersey City
High Tech High School, North Bergen
Hopewell Valley Central High School, Pennington
Howell Academy of Dance Inc, Howell
InSpira Performing Arts & Cultural Center, New Brunswick
Kalagangothri Foundation, Cinder Road
Lower Cape May Regional School District, Cape May
Memorial High School, West New York
Middlesex County Vocational & Technical School, East Brunswick
Montclair State University, Montclair
Morris County School of Technology, Denville
Ms. Doreen's "Fabulous Feet" Dance Arts Studio, Metuchen
New Motion Dance Studio, Northfield
Oakcrest High School, Mays Landing
OCVTS Performing Arts Academy, Lakehurst
Paramus High School Dance Department, Paramus
Passaic County Technical Institute, Wayne
Piscataway High School, Piscataway
Plainfield Academy of the Arts & Advanced Studies, Plainfield
Rider University, Lawrenceville
Ridge High School, Basking Ridge
Rutgers University, New Brunswick
Somerset County Vocational & Technical High School, Bridgewater
The Dancers Workshop, Wall
The Next Step School of Dance, Lyndhurst
Today's Dance Center, Medford
Union City High School, Union City
Union County Academy for the Performing Arts, Scotch Plains
University Heights Charter School, Newark
Washington Rock Dance, Warren
Watchung Hills Regional High School, Warren
WANT TO START A NHSDA CHAPTER?
Here are guidelines to help you through the process:
1) A school must have a current NDEO Institutional Membership before they can apply and be accepted to host a National Honor Society for Dance Arts Chapter. The annual dues for a K-12 school or performing arts organization are $185, and dues for an institution of higher education are $250.
2) A school must fill out an online new chapter application that can be found here.
3) A school should read the NHSDA Chapter Sponsor Handbook to learn how to set up and maintain a chapter. You can also consult with Tiana Chambers at the NDEO home office firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-585-2880.
4) Induction is based on a minimum 3.0 GPA and outstanding character. High school students also need to earn 30 points and middle school students need to earn 15 points.
5) When the student has earned his or her points and is ready for induction, the induction application should be completed by the student. The Sponsor will then approve the application once it has been submitted. Click here for the student application.
6) After completing the induction form, the school pays NDEO directly, either via check or online through the NDEO site in the amount of $8 per student multiplied by the number of students to be inducted. Once the payment is received, NDEO will create and mail out the induction certificates.
7) Schools can order the gold honor pins ($7 per student) and the blue/white honor cords for graduating seniors ($15 per student) directly from the NDEO website’s Online Store. You must log in with your user name and password to order NHSDA items.
8) For more information about National Honor Society for Dance Arts, visit the NDEO NHSDA webpage.
9) You may also contact Cristina Marte at email@example.com for more information.
Dance New Jersey is a service organization committed to advocating the excellence of dance and dance education in the state.
Join Dance New Jersey's founding and leadership supporters by giving today.
Dance New Jersey is a nonprofit organization under Internal Revenue Service code 501(c)(3).
All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.