Nimbus Dance Works Seeks a Grant Writer
Nimbus Dance Works (NDW) is seeking a Grant Writer who is eager to make a meaningful contribution to an arts organization.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Grant Writer works to strengthen and participates in a comprehensive foundation and government fundraising program for Nimbus Dance Works’ education and community engagement initiatives, performance series, and special projects. Specifically, prepare proposals, applications, reports, and other written materials related to foundation and government funding in a timely and accurate manner, effectively communicating Nimbus Dance Works’ mission and reason for support. The Grant Writer is a project-based, part-time position; hours of work will vary based on the grant calendar - position may be performed remotely. Ideal candidates should have proven experience with arts grantwriting, be self-motivated and able to manage time deadlines.
Nimbus Dance Works is a non-profit dance company based in Downtown, Jersey City that focuses on artistic excellence and community impact. Comprised of the professional dance company, the School of Nimbus Dance Works, NimbusPRESENTS a newly-launched presenting series, and community educational programs, Nimbus’ is one of the fastest growing contemporary dance organizations in the NY/NJ area. Founded in 2005 by Artistic Director Samuel Pott, NDW is currently undertaking initiatives to move itself into the national touring marketplace, to consolidate development/fundraising and to advance the presenting wing of the organization in Downtown Jersey City.
I. Primary Responsibilities
- Work with Nimbus staff to identify and complete Grant Applications from major city, state and federal government agencies, corporate entities, and foundations in the areas of art project funding, educational program funding, capital projects, and general operations.
- Coordinate with appropriate Staff to develop thorough understanding of Nimbus programs in order to build descriptive language and other materials as required for proposals
-Attend/Participate in grant webinars and information sessions
-Maintain Nimbus Dance Works’ grants calendar and funding prospect research
-Minimum 2 years of grant writing experience required, preferably in the arts
-Bachelor's degree in communications, English, writing or similar field
-Excellent grammar and strong research skills needed
-Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize multiple deadlines
-Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
-Working knowledge of research resources for foundation and government fundraising
-Knowledge of the performing arts and nonprofit dance field, particularly in New York City, preferred but not required
III. Submission Procedure
Please submit the following: resume, work samples, and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Nimbus Dance Works) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please list: Grant Writer Application Submission in the subject line. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Location: 209 Third Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
For more information contact email@example.com
Nimbus Dance Works is an equal opportunity employer.
Male Dancer Needed for Spring Show
Looking for a male dancer to perform in a production of Paquita (Grand Pas) in April 2017. Adagio and Finale required, male variation optional. Rehearsals are on weekends in Flemington. Rehearsal times are flexible. Pay is based on experience. Partnering experience necessary.
Location: 20 Commerce St. Flemington, NJ
Send resume and any link to performance video or your professional website to Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part time public relations position available
Position is needed to promote performances through press releases and social media
Location: Dance Innovations
Chatham, NJ 07928
Submit resume and availability to Linda Frasciello email@example.com
Ballet and Modern Teacher beginning February 13, 2017
Seeking an experienced part time dance faculty member to take over classes currently in session to teach beginning ballet and intermediate/advanced Ballet Classes including a young men's ballet class and a Horton/Graham mixed class. Would like someone that is passionate about teaching and making a positive difference in the lives of his/her students.
Salary: Commensurate with teaching experience. Please submit cover letter, resume including rate of pay for teaching jobs along with three references.
Location: InSpira Performing Art & Cultural Center
987D Jersey Ave.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Proud to be celebrating it’s 15th Anniversary, InSpira is a dance and music center for children and adults.
• To provide high quality dance and music training while evoking a unique cultural experience.
• To instill integrity, self-determination and purpose to prepare for success in all life endeavors.
• To positively influence our Faculty, Administrative team, and our families to encourage them to believe they can achieve.
• To encourage all facets of our organization to use his/her creativity
• Educate our families and the community about the performing arts.
• To promote higher education because ultimately our students are our future leaders.
• To encourage faculty and administrative team to continue personal development growth opportunities
• Integrity is at the core of a person.
• We must have Honesty to exist
• Giving back locally to impact the lives of others
For more information on InSpira, please visit our website at www.InSpiraArts.com
Kennedy Dancers Inc. Seeks Experienced Dance Teacher
Seeking an Experienced Dance Teacher for Kennedy Dancer's Spring and Summer Sessions in Jersey City.
This is a part time position, 3-4 classes a week in both studio and public school settings, Kennedy Dancers Inc. has residencies in Jersey City Public Schools. Candidates must be experienced teaching yoga, zumba, ballet, hip-hop, modern, and jazz. Must enjoy teaching a variety of levels and ages- patience with beginners is a plus.
This is a paid position for reliable dance teachers. Click HERE for more information
Email resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org and please call (201) 659- 2190.
Location: 79 Central Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07306 (studio is a 5 minute walk from the Journal Square PATH Station)
Kennedy Dancers Inc. is a 501(c)3 professional dance company and school based in Jersey City.
Roxey Ballet Professional Dancer Auditions
Roxey Ballet Company seeks dancers for the 2017 season. All dancers should be prepared to take class, perform choreography, improvise, and take part in a short interview. Ladies should bring pointe shoes. 18- 20 week annual contract.
To apply send a letter of inquiry, headshot, full body photo, and video link to email@example.com
If Roxey Ballet has further interest, you will be contacted. No Phone Calls
For more information click HERE
Date: March 11, 2017
Time: 1:15- 3:00pm
Location: Roxey Ballet Canal Studio Theater
243 N. Union St.
Lambertville, NJ 08530
Immediate opening for a hip hop or acro dance teacher
For more information contact Kathy Pucci at 973- 851- 3843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Monday afternoons and evenings and Saturday
Location: Pucci Performing Arts Center
19 West Mount Pleasant Ave.
American Repertory Ballet seeks Executive Director
Overview of Position:
American Repertory Ballet’s next Executive Director will serve as one of the faces of the organization, promoting the mission and vision of American Repertory Ballet while spearheading and executing its strategic plan and development goals. S/he will act as the chief operating officer for American Repertory Ballet (“ARB”) and Princeton Ballet School (“PBS”). S/he will have the responsibility for all financial, development, personnel, and legal aspects of the operations of ARB and PBS. S/he will work with the Program and Administrative Directors to form and maintain operations and production budgets and to manage all promotional and marketing material, and will monitor all revenues and expenses throughout the year.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops clear long-range operational strategy with the Board of Trustees, and ensures consistent and timely progress in this regard.
- Designs and proactively implements fundraising strategies and financial budgets on behalf ARB and PBS, participating in the building of productive relationships between ARB/PBS and their supporters.
- Leads and implements audience development and marketing initiatives to create and maintain a stable audience base for all ARB and PBS programming, including company performances, school activities and educational programming.
- Develops program plans with the Board of Directors and Program and Administrative Directors, and carries out plans, policies and procedures authorized by the Board.
- Provides leadership in managing all administrative aspects of the organization, including finance and administration, personnel management, strategic planning, fundraising, education, audience development, and public advocacy.
- Hires and manages department heads in all programmatic and administrative areas including the School, Company, Educational Programming, Development, Marketing and Communication, and Finance. Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, including volunteers. Ensures sound human resource practices are in place.
- Communicates regularly with Program and Administrative Directors in regard to management and monitoring of budgets for artistic, school and educational programming operations.
- Consult with Program and Administrative Directors to create an operational calendar of rehearsals and performances.
- Reports to the Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee on all matters relevant to his or her activities on a periodic basis, but no less frequently than at each regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees.
- Establishes and maintains sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with the artistic community, funders and corporations in representing the ARB/PBS point of view to state agencies, academic institutions, partnership organizations, and the general public.
- Promotes and represents ARB/PBS through interviews with the press and other media, as well as by attending performances, fundraising, professional, education and other meetings and events relevant to ARB’s mission and vision.
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
Reports to: The Board of Trustees
Directly Supervises: Artistic Director, School Director, and Director of Educational Programming (Program Directors); Marketing Director, Development Director, and Finance Director (Administrative Directors).
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited university or college;
- A minimum of 5 years of executive director and/or arts management experience;
- Strong planning, strategy, financial, budgeting, analytical and communication skills required, with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task;
- Experience working with high-level corporate and individual donors; established networks in the Princeton and/or New Brunswick area preferred;
- Ability and willingness to work evenings/weekends to attend organization performances, fundraising and other events.
Compensation: Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Submit the following materials in MS Word or PDF electronic format to email@example.com. Please do not mail hard copies. All materials must be received by November 30, 2016.
- Cover letter;
- Resume with salary history;
- Three (3) development or other writing samples;
- Three (3) professional references, who will not be contacted without the approval of the candidate.
About American Repertory Ballet:
The organization’s vision is to entertain, educate, enlighten and inspire New Jersey and beyond with the beauty and passion of dance. Our mission is to bring the joy, beauty, artistry and discipline of classical and contemporary dance to New Jersey and beyond through artistic and educational programs, presented by a financially responsible organization.
The organization is comprised of: American Repertory Ballet, the preeminent contemporary ballet company in the state; Princeton Ballet School, one of the largest and most respected non-profit dance schools in the nation; and the Access and Enrichment initiatives, ranging from the long-running and acclaimed DANCE POWER program to the popular On Pointe series. Founded in 1963, the professional company is a classical and contemporary ballet company committed to presenting ballets from the 19th and 20th century alongside new and existing works by choreographers from today. ARB has been designated a "Major Arts Institution" by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts consistently for the past two decades, and has repeatedly been awarded a Citation of Excellence by the Council. ARB was voted People's Choice for Best Dance Company in 2008, 2011, and 2012.
Princeton Ballet School has gained a national reputation for its excellent dance training since its founding in 1954 by Audrée Estey. Princeton Ballet School currently enrolls approximately 1500 students annually from age three through adult. PBS has studios in Cranbury, New Brunswick, and Princeton.
DANCE POWER, established in 1984, is a partnership between ARB and the New Brunswick Board of Education. ARB places DANCE POWER Teaching Artists into second and third grade classrooms, providing dance education throughout the New Brunswick Public School District. Additionally, ARB awards 32 scholarships to DANCE POWER graduates each year to study year-round at ARB’s affiliated PBS. DANCE POWER remains the longest running arts/community partnership in New Jersey.
American Repertory Ballet is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an equal opportunity employer. ARB provides equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law. This policy also prohibits employees from harassing any other employee for any reason including, but not limited to, race, religion, sex, national origin, age or disabled status.
Umoja Dance Company Internship
Umoja Dance Company is seeking 2-3 highly motivated interns. Internships are 8 to 12 month appointments. Learn the ins and outs of our Dance Company and studio, while gaining valuable experience in arts management. If you are interested in developing administrative skills within the arts, please consider joining our committed team!
Applicants must have excellent writing/editing and organizational skills. They also must have experience with both PC and Mac, which includes knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with all Social Media and MailChimp is preferred. Those who apply should expect to be involved with following job responsibilities.
Interns will serve as one of the following:
Umoja Dance & Drum Residency Director
Umoja Dance Company Program Coordinator
Umoja Dance Studio Outreach Coordinator
• Assist both the Artistic Director and Assistant Artistic Directors with all marketing and communications;
• Attend and take minutes for meetings;
• Email correspondents and voicemail
• Represent UMOJA by attending member performances when possible;
• Provide general support for all other events sponsored by UDC.
• Interns have the option to work from home or the dance studio in Vauxhall
• Must have reliable transportation
Please send Questions and Resume to Lisa Morris: Dancediva504@gmail.com
Location: 2120 Springfield Ave Vauxhall, NJ
To submit a job listing, please complete the Event Submission form by clicking on the "Submit an Event for Review" button on the bottom of each page.
Dance New Jersey is a service organization committed to advocating the excellence of dance and dance education in the state.
Join Dance New Jersey's founding and leadership supporters by giving today.
Dance New Jersey is a nonprofit organization under Internal Revenue Service code 501(c)(3).
All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.