To submit a job listing, please complete the Event Submission form by clicking on the "Submit an Event for Review" button on the bottom of each page.
Job Opening: Freelance Production Manager / Lighting Director
Position available immediately. Reports to the Artistic and Associate Artistic Director. Expected to attend rehearsals as necessary.
Responsibilities during local, regional, and national tours with Carolyn Dorfman Dance including main stage performances, school residency performances and community appearances.
Job Duties include:
• Scheduling, budgeting, contracting and execution of all aspects of physical production including: scenery, lights, costumes, props, paint, sound and projections for all productions.
• Negotiating and advancing the technical needs, logistics, and schedules for all performances with each venue including freight needs with Company Manager.
• Recreating the lighting repertoire for all performances and oversee all theater production elements including sound, set.
• Chronicling and continually revise all cue and design concept sheets for the repertoire.
• Maintaining and revising the company's technical rider, as needed.
• Running load-in, focus, and load-outs on behalf of the company.
• Maintaining the company’s technical equipment, stock scenery, and production supplies.
• With assistance from the Production Stage Manager, Company Manager/crew transporting scenery, flooring, wardrobe, and personnel as needed per performance, with the company’s Zip Car account or other rental vehicle.
• Advising when additional materials need to be acquired or rented.
• Hiring additional production support staff in coordination with Artistic Director and Executive Director.
• Providing additional support to the AD, AAD, ED and CM and other staff as needed.
• Potentially design the lighting for any new work.
This position requires someone with excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills and who can effectively work in various performance, educational and community settings. Minimum 3-years of experience required. Fee commensurate with experience.
Carolyn Dorfman Dance is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the performing arts field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Forward resumes to Carolyn Dorfman, Artistic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
After School All Stars Seek Teachers and Program Leaders
Phillips Academey Charter School, Paterson, NJ
The program runs MTTh and F 3:30-5:30 and Wed 2-5:30.
We are looking for program partners to work with Kindergarten and First grade students at Philips Academy Charter School in Paterson NJ. ASAS provides free after school programming at this school, adding a grade each year as the school grows.
Our hope is to design programming with more focused content instruction this year, either by partnering with organizations as subcontractors or hiring teaching artists on staff.
Please contact email@example.com for more information!
Dance on the Lawn seeks Intern
Dance on the Lawn is seeking an intern! Please Click HERE for more information!
Pucci Performing Arts Center seeks Dance Instructor
Livingston NJ dance studio seeking a Jazz Funk, Hip Hop and Acro dance teacher for 1-2 days per week.
Applicants must have...
* Dance training in hip hop or jazz funk
* Experience working with children ages 6+
* Outgoing energetic personality/professional demeanor
If interested, please send a dance resume to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Location: 19 West Mount Pleasant Ave., Livingston, NJ 07039
Marketing Manager, American Repertory Ballet
The Marketing Manager will hold significant responsibility for the branding and marketing of American Repertory Ballet (ARB) and Princeton Ballet School (PBS). The Marketing Manager will oversee the marketing team in the creation and implementation of the marketing, public relations, and communication campaigns and working plans.
With the Executive Director and senior leadership team, the marketing manager will:
· Contribute to the development and refinement of ARB and PBS’ marketing vision and strategy.
· Develop and implement an integrated media plan to advance ARB and PBS’ brand identity in New Jersey, nationally and internationally that cultivates and enhances meaningful relationships with targeted, high level external audiences, including media and key influencers.
· Develop and implement marketing campaigns for new and existing performances, class schedules and outreach programs.
· Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget.
· Work closely with the Access and Enrichment department for community marketing campaigns as well as group sales, dance residencies and performances.
· Work collaboratively with the Development Team on communications and marketing plans for annual appeals, event invitations, other development events, etc.
· Participate and attend performances and manage staff to represent at press table.
· Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, reports, playbills, program collateral, donor appeals, and published reports.
· Coordinate website/webpage updates—ensure that new and consistent information (articles, links, stories, events and other content) is regularly posted and updated.
· Responsible for management of Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Constant Contact, social media/e-communication campaigns and other out-reach projects.
· Manage all media contacts and serve as the lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization. Serve as spokesperson when requested by the Executive Director.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities related to professional company performances, Princeton Ballet School classes and our Access & Enrichment programs.
· Conduct analysis of ticket patrons and student families ARB experience to current market conditions and competitor information.
· Manage the productivity of the marketing plans to tickets sales, tuition and retail sales. Produce ticket sale reports at weekly staff meeting and quarterly reports for Board of Trustees Meetings.
· The management of all ARB box offices and reaching ticket sale goals will be realized by the Marketing Manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· 3 years of experience in not-for profit marketing department, participating in the creation of marketing and communication campaigns.
· Self-directed, with ability to meet deadlines, often within very tight timeframes and shifting priorities; ability to work in fast paced environment with flexibility, a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional attention to detail and organization.
· Understanding of digital media tools and their uses, limitations and target user communities; sufficient familiarity with Microsoft Office to produce reports, spreadsheets and briefings; Constant Contact, Spark, Raiser’s Edge, InDesign, Photoshop.
· A team player who thinks creatively and has strong interpersonal skills.
To apply, email email@example.com with cover letter and resume.
More information click HERE!
Roxey Ballet Seeks Marketing and PR Manager
Roxey Ballet seeks Marketing / PR Coordinator to join its growing team for the 2017/18 season of dance.
Roxey Ballet is a world-class, non-profit dance company located in Lambertville, New Jersey.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for promoting the Roxey Ballet company, events, and performances while working alongside an outstanding team. The Marketing Manager must have a passion for the arts and for promoting an awareness of dance to the greater community. Local and regional awareness a key element.
Successful candidate must be organized, enthusiastic, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should have previous experience in marketing, events sales administration, and public relations.
• Create and edit all marketing materials and maintain strategic objectives
• Track ticket sales, promotions, and press opportunities
• Write and coordinate press releases, pitches, and cultivate media relations
• Provide marketing support to the Outreach and Education Coordinator
• Maintain and build spreadsheets
• Promote group sales and fundraiser opportunities
• Update content on website and blogs on a regular basis
• Write engaging content for e-newsletters and outlets
• Coordinate a team of marketing volunteers
• Ensure that all internal and external measures follow company standards
• Other duties are assigned as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND:
Candidates must have experience using social media platforms. Candidates must have familiarity with MS Office, including Word and Excel. Design and photography experience are a plus. Candidates must have flexible hours.
To apply for this position, please e-mail a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Marketing Manager". No phone calls, please.
Full time Administrative Assistant
Rutgers University, MGSA- Dance is looking for a full time administrative assistant. Please click HERE for full job description!
Roxey Ballet Seeks Fall 2017 Season Interns
Roxey Ballet seeks marketing and education interns for the Fall 2017 season. For more information, visit www.roxeyballet.org/jobs. To apply, submit requested materials to email@example.com.
Dance teachers needed at Lyceum Hall Center for the Arts in Burlington NJ
Beginning on Sept 22: Adult Beginner Ballet, Adult Beginner Tap, Adult Intermediate Tap all on Friday evenings classes start at 7pm. Sept 24th: Musical Theater Intensive for Teens on Wednesdays at 4pm, and Rhythm and Rhyme (6th -8th) Wednesdays at 5:30. LHCA is located at 432 High Street, Burlington City. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with questions.
P/T Ballet/Jazz/Hip-Hop teacher for school & studio
P/T Ballet/Hip Hop/Jazz teacher needed for dance program in school and at our studio. Must be able to teach ages 5-18 years old in Dance instruction is Ballet and Jazz techniques.
Must be able to complete the entire school year Dec-June 2018. Must have minimum 1-2+ years ballet experience preferably working with children 3 years and up. Must have reliable transportation. Prior to working, you will be required to submit fingerprinting and background check to comply with the New Jersey school district.
All Candidates will be considered for permanent dance teacher position for Ballet, Jazz, & Hip-Hop teachers at our studio location.
Please submit Headshots & Resume
Competition Level, Technique Trainer, Acro a Plus
Job Type: Part-time
Blossom Sisters Dance & Performing Arts, Hackensack, NJ
Jersey City Ballet Theater seeks 2 Male Dancers
Jersey City Ballet theater, a new non profit performing arts organization in Jersey City is seeking 2 male dancers for a repertory piece and the role of the Hunters in our production of Peter and the Wolf on October 8.
Rehearsals are Thursdays 12:30PM \Monday evenings 7:30PM \and some Fridays and Saturdays as we get closer to production.
The repertory piece will feature classical ballet and contemporary ballet style material.
The Hunters are a semi-soloist role in the annual production of Peter and the Wolf, featuring classical ballet material. The Hunters interact with the ballet's lead roles and requires the ability to execute jumps.
Interested dancers should send a resume and a brief statement of interest and availability.
We will reply with compensation information and additional rehearsal times.
This is non union, non contract project work as we continue to create work for grant opportunities
All Rehearsals are in down town Jersey City convenient to PATH and NJ Transit Bus services
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grooves Unlimited Dance is Seeking Hip-Hop and Pre-Ballet/Tap Teachers
Here at Grooves Unlimited Dance Studio in Livingston, NJ, we are expanding our program and are in big need of Hip-Hop and Pre-Ballet/Tap teachers. We are giving extra consideration to teachers who are GREAT with dancers ages 3 through 10. Our teachers MUST have high energy and a great resume, and must be committed to promoting the studio, reliable, responsible and MUST have a car. Please submit headshot, YouTube links, resume, and salary requirements to: JoinGroovesUnlimited@gmail.com
HBDA Japan Seeks Dance Teacher
HBDA Japan (Hinton Battle Dance Academy) seeks qualified dance teacher in the following dance
disciplines: Neo-Classical Ballet, Hip Hop, Modern (Horton technique), and Rhythm Tap. Hinton
Battle's Dance Academy, HBDA, is the official dance academy of Yoshimoto Kogyo, Japan, established in 2017 by Broadway’s legendary, three Time Tony Award Winner, Hinton Battle and Yoshimoto Entertainment. HBDA a 3 term academy is the intersection of innovative contemporary dance, virtuosic technique and charismatic showmanship.
Location: Tokyo. Japan Travel and hotel provided.
Job Purpose: Report to Hinton Battle and Yoshimoto Team
Key Performance Areas:
• Teach 2 classes per day - 5 days a week.
• To be responsible for all duties as required of HBDA and Yoshimoto Kogyo
• Commitment 1 to 3 months Education: Qualifications: Recognized Degree, or 2-year professional Teaching Qualification, or Professional Performing Experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with students and HBDA;
• Energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative;
• Good organizational skills;
• Good communication skills;
• Team player;
Please provide: Bio, Resume, Teaching experience, 2 letters of recommendation, Video of teaching, Your Teaching Philosophy, and Picture. att: HBDA Teach Application email: email@example.com
Mill Ballet School Seeks Dance Teachers
The Mill Ballet School, the official dance school of the Roxey Ballet Company, seeks dance teachers in both Ballet and Jazz. Applicants must show desire to work with youth ages 6-10, and communicate in a positive and effective manner. Pay depends upon experience and level of knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Mill Ballet School, 243 N Union St., Lambertville, NJ 08530
Absolute Dance Center Seeks Dance Instructors
Growing Monroe Twp. dance studio seeking a passionate dance instructor for 2 days per week.
Applicants must have...
* Dance training in ballet/tap/jazz/contemporary/hip hop
* Experience working with children ages 6+
* Outgoing energetic personality/professional demeanor
* Experience working with competition level dancers
* Availability for evenings & possible weekends
* B.A. in Fine Arts a +
If interested, please send a dance resume to the email@example.com. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Location: 365 Spotswood Englishtown Road, Monroe Twp. NJ 08831
The Kennedy Dancers Seek An Experienced Bollywood and Bhangra Dance Teacher
The Kennedy Dancers Inc. a 501(c)(3) Professional Dance Company and School, seeks a Bollywood and Bhangra Dance Teacher. Candidate must be an accomplished Bollywood and Bhangra dance teacher who is patient with beginners and enjoys teaching all levels and ages. Applicants must have a consistent schedule that does not conflict with other dance studios or companies.
Email resume, cover letter, and teaching samples (video) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AND Call (201) 659-2190
This is a paid position for reliable teachers. Our studio is a 5 minute walk from the Journal Square PATH Station. Visit www.kennedydancers.org for more information.
Location: 79 Central Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07306
The Kennedy Dancers Seek An Experienced Dance Teacher
The Kennedy Dancers Inc., a 501(c)(3) Professional Dance Company and School, seeks an experienced dance teacher who loves kids. Applicant must have a diversified experience in teaching many styles, including the following: Ballet, Tap, Hip Hop, Gymnastics & Tumbling. The best candidate for this position is an accomplished dance teacher who must enjoy teaching all levels and all ages, especially small children; patience with beginners- a plus. Must have a consistent schedule that does not conflict with other dance studios or companies. This is a part-time position, with classes 3-4 times a week in both the studio and public school settings, as we have residences in Jersey City Public Schools.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com AND Call (201) 659-2190
This is a paid position for reliable teachers.
Our studio is a 5 minute walk from the Journal Square PATH Station.
For more information visit www.kennedydancers.org
Location: 79 Central Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07306
Dance New Jersey is a service organization committed to advocating the excellence of dance and dance education in the state.
Join Dance New Jersey's founding and leadership supporters by giving today.
Dance New Jersey is a nonprofit organization under Internal Revenue Service code 501(c)(3).
All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.