DANCE TO LEARN
FOR DANCE COMPANIES
AND TEACHING ARTISTS
The Geraldine R Dodge Foundation, Dance New Jersey and Young Audiences invites professional dance companies to become a part of the Dance To Learn community!
As a part of the Dance to Learn community you or your company will:
- be provided with professional development and mentorship to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to identify and develop sustainable partnerships and advance high quality programming.
- be guided to create unique partnerships with school communities that foster lasting impact among dance companies, teachers, students, and families.
- be shown how to integrate a professional performance by your company as part of the curriculum.
The training and implementation of Dance to Learn has transformed the capacity of Nimbus Dance Works. We are passionate about creative movement and are stronger because of Dance to Learn.”
Samuel Pott, Artistic Director—Nimbus Dance Works
Become a part of the Dance To Learn community! Together we can advance the frontiers of dance education.
laura marchese and lisa grimes
for a successful presentation at the NDEO Conference 2016!
Highlights from our
2016 Dance to Learn Community Day
If you are not currently an approved teaching artist for Dance to Learn, you may attend at a discounted rate. Contact Lisa Grimes at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
DANCE TO LEARN WORKSHOP 2015 WAS A HUGE SUCCESS! THANK YOU TO OUR DANCE TO LEARN TEACHING ARTISTS FOR PARTICIPATING IN A CREATIVE AND EDUCATIONAL DAY!
Here is a video summing up our day of learning experiences and creative process.
ABOUT DANCE TO LEARN
Let’s Get Students Up and Dancing!
Bring Arts Integrated, Innovative Curriculum to Your School!
The Geraldine R Dodge Foundation partners with Dance New Jersey, Young Audiences, professional dance companies and teachers to bring the Dance to Learn experience to students across the state of New Jersey.
“Dance to Learn ensures that students are not learning dance and movement in isolation, but are forging interdisciplinary connections with the teaching and learning taking place in our classrooms.”
Carolyn Keck, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
What is Dance to Learn?
- a four-year interdisciplinary and inclusive dance curriculum with the goal to advance dance education in schools and community settings.
The Dance To Learn curriculum is both arts-based and truly arts-integrated because it:
- encourages students to explore, internalize and transform classroom learning and the elements of dance while developing their individual creative voices.
- offers opportunities for students to reflect, critique and connect personal experiences to their learning of dance and in their classrooms.
- is adaptive to any dance style, genre, or culture.
- provides an inroad to kinesthetic learning and connects to language arts, mathematics, science and social studies, physical education and music curriculums.
- offers formative and summative assessment and documentation tools to help measure the effectiveness of student learning and facilitator impact
Dance to Learn, in partnership with Young Audiences, is made possible through the generous support of the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation.